This award is given to new bloggers nominated by other bloggers. Again, thank you to those who nominated me.
I have written the rules at the end of this post, so please scroll there.
Rather than pick and choose whose questions to answer, I’m going to answer both sets of questions!
Pucks And Paperbacks asked me:
1. What encouraged you to start blogging?
I think a lot of things encouraged me to blog. Writing has always been my passion; I love creative, journalistic, and even p.r writing! I’ve read many book blogs and subscribe to several booktubers on YouTube. I also adore reading, I cannot stress that enough, and so I figured why not join this amazing community of book bloggers too?
2. Do you listen to music while you read?
I don’t listen to music while I am reading. I find it distracts me from absorbing details in the book and takes away from a book’s immersive experience.
3. If you could meet any author, who would it be and why?
Oh no! One author?!?!? I’m terrible with choices.. Karen Thompson Walker? I adored the Age of Miracles and I wish I could write as elegantly as that. (Like this post if you want to see a review of The Age of Miracles, by the way.)
4. What is your favorite book?
More choices! No! How about we say my favorite book is The Age of Miracles. It was amazing. Never thought a book I read for school would be my favorite book, but it is.
5. What is your least favorite genre?
Horror. I hate gory books. I admire authors who can make a book disturbing without much gore. It takes skill.
6. What is one book you could live without?
I’m assuming this is not a typo, so I am being asked to name a book I wish I hadn’t read. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen. When I read that years back in middle school, I marked it as one star on Goodreads, and I think I wrote something about wishing I could give it less. Harsh, I know, but I was in middle school. I was so fed up and frustrated with the narrator I had to put the book down halfway.
7. Would you rather books be turned into movies or TV shows?
I love this question! If done well, and only if done well, I’d say TV shows, like Under the Dome. You can have more time with the book! A movie is done in two hours but a show is dragged out longer and you can look forward to it each week.
8. Favorite book to movie adaptation?
I honestly can’t remember! Hah! But I’m going to say The Devil Wears Prada. I’ve watched the movie so many times, and reading the book is like watching the movie all over again. Good times.
9. What career would you like to pursue?
Uh oh. My issue with careers is I have too many interests. I love the following… Journalist, librarian, author, literary agent, ESL teacher, marketing executive, public relations, editor, anything related to publishing really, and that’s just the beginning! People tend to assume someone my age thinks they know what they want, but after I gave up being set on becoming a journalist I feel lost. *Excuse the rant*
10. Favorite cover!
I’ve never read this book or heard of it but this cover is adorable…
This is NOT my image! I found it on google since I remembered seeing a review of this book.
11. One book you recommend to everyone!
Old School by Tobias Wolff if you are a literary connoisseur 🙂
Spectacle a Glow asked me:
1. Who is your book crush?
I have several. When I read the Iron Fey series I was Team Ash. (I even have a team ash poster on my wall, haha! I forgot about it actually.)
2. Five books I’d bring to a deserted island?
So I’d try and bring some happy and funny books to ease the situation, and some books I wouldn’t mind reading again! And a desert island survival guide! But for the purpose of this question, I’d bring The Symptoms of My Insanity, Old School by Tobias Wolff, The Age of Miracles, and Obsidian.
3. Favorite book cover, which I already answered.
4. Do you leave a book’s dust jacket on or off?
5. Ever skipped reading a required book for class?
I am such a goody two-shoe that likes reading too much! No I haven’t.
6. Which 3 books do you suggest to everyone?
Alright, so I suggested Old School to everyone before so how about some new books. I suggest Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, The Age of Miracles and I am a Man by Joe Starita.
7. Have you ever gone to a book signing?
Do you count a children’s book fair signing? If so, I have gotten many picture books signed as a child. Also, middle grade chapter books when authors used to come to school. Otherwise, nope, not yet.
8. What was your favorite childhood book series?
The Nancy Drew mysteries!! Even a couple years ago I was still reading them. They are amazing at any age.
9. If you had a biography written about you what would the cover look like? Would it be hardcover or paperback?
It would be hardcover, and it would be either a super cool computerized colorful image or a very flattering shot of me 🙂
10. Does the feel of a books’ pages ever bother you?
No, but creases and smells of the pages can.
11. What is your favorite societal issue to read about?
Immigration, I guess? I love hearing the stories of people from other countries and their lives there and here.
1. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
2. If you could change one thing about your blog, what would it be?
3. What is your least favorite book cover?
4. Would you rather have books as hands or bookmarks as fingers?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. Where do you get your books? Why?
7. What is your favorite place to read.
8. Do you like magazines or books better?
9. Why did you start your blog?
10. What is the funniest scene you’ve ever read?
11. What is a genre you don’t usually read but wish you could read more of?
If you were nominated, here are the rules:
Thank whoever nominated you. Answer the 11 questions and nominate a new blogger, or two, and give them a set of 11 questions. Then, let them know on their blog as a comment that they were nominated and leave a link to your post. 🙂
Update: So I just found out that you are supposed to nominate 11 new bloggers! Wow, that is a lot. Honestly I think it is OK if you just nominate a few, but if you know 11 then go right ahead!
Follow me @books_palettes for sneak peeks, musings, and more! My avatar image is from “Jen Loves Teaching.”