Disclaimer: I was given this ARC in a goody bag at a book signing in September. I was not asked to review it and all opinions are my own!
Genre: Contemporary YA
Publication Date: December 2014
It’s Christmas Eve and rather than spend her day relaxing or doing early celebrations with her family, Chloe is stuck working the six a.m. shift at Goodfoods Market. She and her fellow staff members know the day is the busiest of the year, but they certainly aren’t prepared for what follows; she and some of her coworkers are trapped in the store in so-called “work jail” after accusations arise that they stole $10,000. On top of this, Chloe is not getting very far with her crush Tyson. Will anyone step forward and admit to the crimes, and will Chloe finally work up the courage to ask out Tyson?
– This is an easy read for when you feel like you haven’t read enough books and need to get one more in.
– I want Christmas to come ASAP! (*belts out* RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEEEEERRR)
– Chloe is relatable. She says the wrong things and is kinda awkward sometimes- that is so me!
– The book is totally appropriate for teens of all ages
– This book is a quick read at just under 300 pages. (It took me an hour and fifteen minutes). However, it didn’t feel as quick because the whole book takes place in just one day. Normally in books, a day is just a few chapters, so you feel like you are moving through time. You don’t realize until the end of this book that you are in this one day for the whole book!
– I expected this book to be a romance. It turned out to be a lot less if a romance; the romance part was more to develop Chloe’s character and personality. However, I’m not a fan of full-on romance novels so I was totally OK with this!
Verdict: 3 to 3.5 stars!
I’d recommend you get this book when it comes out and read it during the Holiday season!!
Follow me @books_palettes for sneak peeks, musings, and more! My avatar image is from “Jen Loves Teaching.”