Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week, we are discussing my top ten most read authors!
This was an especially fun theme I thought because I never knew that there is a feature on Goodreads that allows you to see your top ten authors. I would’ve made a completely different list if I had just been going off the top of my head!
One thing to note is I am not going to include authors of books I read as a child (Laura Numeroff, author of the beloved picture book If you Give a Mouse a Cookie, is on my top ten list…) or in elementary school!
- William Shakespeare (5) – I have High School to blame for this. I wouldn’t classify myself as someone who chooses to read Shakespeare’s works purely by choice and for fun in the same way I read comic books or, to give a relevant example, The Lunar Chronicles. I’ve read Romeo and Juliet, Much Ado about Nothing, Macbeth, Hamlet and The Tempest, in that order. However, while we’re on my subject, my favorite of Shakespeare’s plays is his last; The Tempest.
- Marissa Meyer (4)- The Lunar Chronicles series is one of my favorite sci-fi series, and one of my favorite series in general. I cannot wait until the next book Winter is out!
- Rand Miller (3)- Thank you Myst trilogy for providing me with 3 books by the same author!
- John Green (3)- Looking for Alaska is still my favorite of all of John Green’s books. I HIGHLY recommend it. (I even used capital letters there. That’s some serious recommendation going on there.)
- Dom Testa (3)- Dom Testa’s books are nostalgia for me. The Comet’s Curse was the first true sci-book I ever read, way back in about 6th grade. They were a starting point for me into some of my favorite books today.
- Beth Revis (3)- Oh boy, more sci-fi. I must really like sci-fi. But seriously, the Across the Universe trilogy is also amazing! (Exclamation points have been equipped!)
- Suzanne Collins (3)- I don’t have much to say about the Hunger Games, except that it was my first completed trilogy, and I have yet to watch any of the movies. I know, I know, how could I not watch a movie with Jennifer Lawrence in it? Isn’t that some sort of sin? The only movies I’ve seen of hers are X-Men movies.
- Jenny Han (3)- Nowadays, the blogosphere loves talking about her newest series that begins with To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. But, the books of hers that I read were her Summer series. (The Summer I Turned Pretty, It’s Not Summer Without You..) According to Goodreads, I gave the books a 5 star rating in 2009 and 2010. Wow, time goes fast.
- Kirsten Miller (2)- More nostalgia! The Kiki Strike series also used to be one of my favorite series. A really entertaining YA mystery series for the younger end of the YA spectrum.
- Brian K. Vaughn (2)- I’ve read Saga Volume 1 (loved it!) and one of his Green Lantern comic trades. (Loved that one too!)
Who are YOUR most read authors? Are they your favorite authors, or you just gave their books a lot of chances? Let me know in the comments below!